Still Learning To See

Shades of spring green

Thanks for your patience with my absence. I don’t know if I’ll be back daily or weekly but, for now, I’ve made several  photographs of tree leaves that I’m really excited about and wanted to share. The greens of Spring in Vermont are mind-boggling.

This entry was published on May 23, 2013 at 8:23 pm. It’s filed under Leaves, Spring, Trees and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink. Follow any comments here with the RSS feed for this post.

9 thoughts on “Shades of spring green

1. Julia on said:

So good to see you back–and with such brilliant greens! I am always amazed at how many shades of green Nature gives us–and you’ve captured those tones with your great sense of detail.

Thanks for sharing 🙂

2. your sis, Karen on said:

Wow! Thanks for capturing your perceptions of VT spring leaves and for sharing them with us. We are seeing similar delights here in MI as we breathe in this amazing spring! Right now, we are being treated to the pinkish blossoms of the buckeye, which is adjacent to the Tri-color beech. Oh my! Whether Still Learning to See comes daily or weekly, I’m happy to receive your gifts of photos and words. Thanks, John!!!

3. Snell, Martha (mes5l) on said:

Yea JOHN’s back! I had some little internal singing going on this morning on the way to get the paper when I looked through a big branch of green green beech leaves back lit. Love M

From: Still Learning To See <comment-reply@wordpress.com> Reply-To: Still Learning To See <comment+pf-vuf-_mv0twijy-hghu6r@comment.wordpress.com> Date: Fri, 24 May 2013 00:24:11 +0000 To: “snell@virginia.edu” <snell@virginia.edu> Subject: [New post] Shades of spring green

John Snell posted: “Thanks for your patience with my absence. I don’t know if I’ll be back daily or weekly but, for now, I’ve made several photographs of tree leaves that I’m really excited about and wanted to share. The greens of Spring in Vermont are mind-boggling. “

4. Deborah Leu on said:

Lovely greens! Glad I caught this. In Port McNeill, BC heading north. No internet or phone for several days. Be well! our blog is at http://www.sailblogs.com/member/col/

5. Margaret O'Toole on said:

Sometimes when I’m driving on the Interstate, I have a hard time keeping my eyes on the road because I’m so enthralled with the glorious green colors of Spring. You’ve captured them beautifully. Thanks.

6. Infrared Fred on said:

An excellent display of your talents and subject matter John my Friend. I trust that what is annoying you will soon come to pass.

• Not sure it is something that is “annoying” me but it may be. I just have not been able or willing to focus on posting my photos lately. Thanks for your thoughts!

7. Marg Pifer on said:

Good Morning, John,

Welcome back. I had missed your “Learning to See” photographs and commented to Karen. Whatever schedule you might be on will be acceptable and appreciated.

Yes, the different greens of spring – in Vermont or Michigan. Lovely. My best greetings, Marg

8. John these are amazing!